Saturday, February 18, 2012

all you get to see is an empty plate

...because hubby and i were in too big of a hurry to eat and i forgot to take pictures of our valentine's day supper. :) you'll forgive me i'm sure when you hear what it was. beef cheeks with spicy ragu over a quinoa cake with brussel sprouts and asparagus. you would not have been able to control yourself either.



my husband and i had agreed not to get each other anything and just stay home for valentine's. i was all set to make nachos with heart-shaped homemade chips. instead, he surprised me by taking me out for supper at one of my favorite italian restaurants. he is a stinker, but i will keep him. i can't wait to surprise him back.

supper was amazing! we split:
butternut squash soup with gorgonzola
bruschetta with goat cheese, strawberries, arugala and a balsamic vinegar reduction
the aforementioned beef cheeks



oh, and don't forget the bottle of wine from silver vines winery that was dessert.



what a lovely night out with my valentine.




how was your evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...